The Chosen One


Six people sat in a circle, waiting for the Priestess to speak
“We’re meeting here today, because a “chosen one” we seek,
It could be you or you she pointed, but first we have someone to meet.”
I looked around the room and nodded as everyone introduced themselves to me.
The regal gentleman on my left, dressed in a keffiyeh, was a real live Sheik.
The man next to him, with taped up glasses, was more of a geek.
Clad in black, with a ring through her nose, looked to be a new age freak.
The blond girl was cute and looked to be only sixteen.
The brunette was next, she wore a dress and looked very chic.
And then there was me, the new one, I sat all silent and meek.
“In your cup, you’ll notice, has been filled with a tea;
Pick it up and swirl it and then count to three
Do not sip it, but shoot it down, in one swift drink
If you are the chosen one; a spider you will see!”
I picked up my cup and counted to three
I swirled it and shot it and what did I see?
A big hairy spider with fangs and teeth!
The new leader of this mob…turned out to be ME!


Comments

Popular Posts