Fighting Death
“You don’t fully understand what
I’m saying.” He said.
“You were hit. Is that correct?”
the Policeman offered.
"Yes, I was hit. I was hit on my
arm and on my hand, I was drug around the ground by the scruff of my neck.” The
man answered irritated, wincing as he re-positioned his arm so the policeman
could get a better look while taking pictures.
![]() |
Image source: "Emergency Sling Demonstration (AMM 721) National Museum of Health and Medicine" by medicalmuseum is licensed under CC BY 2.0
“Did the man with the bat hit you?” The policeman asked.
“Yes, uh No, maybe, I dunno.” The
man said shaking his head, he was really frustrated now.
“You’re not making much sense.
Do you or don’t you want to press charges on that boy” The policeman asked
matter-of-factly, pointing to the young man. “Tell me again, what happened.”
The man gave a sigh and started
again, “I was walking down the alley and when I turned right onto 5th
Avenue, something pushed me down. I stood back up. I didn’t see anything but a
big black cloud of dust or something. I continued to walk and felt something
behind me, like I was being followed and then I got pushed again and fell,
something was hitting and kicking me and tried pulling me up by the back of my jacket. I yelled, I kicked and screamed and tried to fight back. When I was finally able to get free, that's when I saw the boy holding the bat. Oh and the black mist floating over
my head.”
“So the boy with the bat
attacked you?” The policeman asked again.
“No, the boy with the bat was
fighting off whatever it was that attacked me.” The man said. “He saved me, I’m
sure it was death he fought off.”
Diane Arbus Photography" by thefoxling is licensed under CC BY-NC-SA 2.0
|


Comments
Post a Comment