Creepy Kids


"Do you see that Paul?" Maya asked pointing up to the stained glass attic window.
"What?" her inpatient husband asked as he looked back at the house while simultaneously trying to buckle their three year old son, Liam, in his car seat. "Put your arms down son," he said wrestling with the car seat straps and flailing arms. "I don't see anything, just get in the car, we are already late." He told his wife.
"It was a shadow or person or something looking out from the window, watching us." She stated matter-of-fact.
"There is no one in the house Maya! We've had the house blessed, exorcised and prayed upon by every priest, pastor and minister from miles around. You know, there is no one or no thing up there!" He looked at his wife's pale, white face and calmly asked her, "do you want me to go back in and look?"
"Please," she nodded.
He sighed as he opened the car door.

"What are you doing? Sister Agatha almost shouted when she turned to see her young protégé waving out the window.
"I'm waving goodbye to Liam." April replied sweetly.
"You mustn't. Hurry and get your things, it is time to go." The saintly sister told her. "Your time here is over; it is time to move on."
"I will miss him. I've watched over him every night. I’ve been watching over him every minute of his life. Why must I leave now?" the young girl asked.
“Because that is the way things work, once your charge starts learning to speak, it makes things rather challenging for us because then Liam will want to start talking to you or telling other people about you and usually that doesn’t work out well for the child.” Sister Agatha explained.
April stooped down to gather her mattress when Sister Agatha grabbed her arm and dove through the wall.

Paul open the door to the attic and felt the rush of cold air smack him in the face. He never saw anyone, but he did roll the mattress  up and stow it out of sight.

Comments

Popular Posts